Friday, July 10, 2009

Audition Cuttings for Tuesday!

I'm typing this directly from the script- feel free to copy/paste to Microsoft Word and print so that you can rehearse before auditions! The characters that you are interested in are listed above the exerpt. The only ones that I'm posting here are Caldwell, Hope, Bobby and Pennywise, the leads and the ones that are most difficult to cast. If you are hoping to audition for any of the other characters, I will have scripts available at the theatre from 2:30 pm until auditions start. If you have any questions, call or email!

Hope/Bobby

H: You were rather brave with them.
B: I don't care for policemen. Not those two, anyway.
H: Policemen protect the peace.
B: Do they?
H: Usually.
(Pause)
B: Didn't I see you at the amenity this morning?
H: That was me. I was rushing off to work, first day.
B: Find your way alright?
H: The gleaming tower over the hill? Couldn't miss it.
B: Beautiful.
H: It's rather shiny, that's true enough.
(Pause)
B: Did you mean what you said to those policement? About everyone having a heart?
H: Well, sure I did.
B: Because... well, because mine feels awful cold just now.
H: Cold?
B: Or empty. One of the two.
H: Not because of me, I hope?
B: Oh, no. Because of something I did.


Hope/Cladwell

C: Fipp! You're not going anywhere! Not until we nip this in the bud!
H: Nip? How so?
C: You're a Cladwell, Hope. What would you do if the very foundation of your life's work were threatened by the rabble-rousing son of a convicted criminal?
H: Look deep into his heart and try to understand what made it pound so angrily.
C: Angry, you say?! No one gets angry at me! Not without a beating!
H: A beating? Oh, Daddy, beating people is wrong.
C: Life is a beating! The sooner you learn that, the better.
H: Then life is wrong.
C: Embrace it. I have.
H: Life should be beautiful.
C: Life is many things. Look deeper, you'll see it. I do. I see it everywhere.


Pennywise

P: Quiet back there! No one's gettin' anywhere for free! Don't you think I have bills of my own to pay?! Don't you think I have taxes an tarriffs and payoffs to meet, too?! Well, I do! And I don't pay them with promises, see. I pay them with cash! Cold hard cash. Every morning you all come here. And every morning some of you got reasons why ya ain't gonna pay. And I'm here to tell ya, ya is gonna pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment